Just to ponder that today, He that humbleth Himself shall be exalted.
Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread,
Are big with mercy and shall break;
In blessings on your head’ – William Cowper
We have had a battering of storms and to many it was a relief to here there were now weather warnings in place across the UK. Many people had been warned of the worse only to discover that it wasn’t as bad as they had feared. Sometimes we make a mountain out of a molehill, we build a storm up around ourselves, so we feel no one can calm and then we remember Jesus, just as the disciples were in the boat they thought it was going to take them under. But Jesus can rebuke the storm in an instant ‘Peace, be still’. Ask God for peace today if it’s all too much to bear.
Its usually around now we realise that those ‘New Year Resolutions’ that we made are not so easy to keep. Or we have already stopped keeping them. One man exhorted us to be before the Lord and find a verse of scripture that will help us though this year. This is sometime we can keep with us and in our hearts and it will not fail because its the word of God.
The extract below may be a word to help and exhort you today and for this year:
‘As we start this new year, we know that Jesus has our future in the palm of His hand. We have absolutely nothing to be concerned or fearful about, but let us make a resolution this year: TO WALK BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT. 2 Corinthians 5:7. We cannot allow our emotions or our decisions to be based on what we hear on the news or what we see with our carnal eyes. Instead, we need to be men and women of faith, who solely act upon God’s Word. The only way that we will get faith is by spending time with the Lord Jesus.
My prayer for you this year is that you would be known as men and women who spend time in the presence of God.
We need to stop rushing about and start sitting at the feet of Jesus. This is where we will receive clear cut direction. We need to follow the example of Mary, who was prepared to sit at Jesus’ feet and listen to Him, instead of running around trying to get everything ready and organized, like Martha. Even the Lord told Martha that Mary had chosen a better way. (Luke 10:42) We need to start to wait on the Lord for answers. When we do this, we will find that we will make the right decision, the first time.’ – Angus Buchan
Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, is our Lord and Savior. But He is also God. He will be at our side through the toughest battles we will ever face, and in our darkest hour He will be there. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. We serve a great God!-
– an excerpt
Billy has a message for YOU:
We do not believe it is by accident or chance that you are reading this, but that God desires that your life may be truly changed by coming to a personal knowledge of, and faith in, His Son, Jesus Christ.
That Jesus changes lives is not only seen in the witness of many former drug addicts, alcoholics and murderers but also in thousands of “ordinary” people, living “ordinary“ lives as “ordinary” sinners.
Persons that we all have been, who have:
– no lasting peace in an uncertain world;
– no certain hope in life here and no hope beyond death;
– empty hearts with no deep and satisfying joy;
– lives blighted by our sins – those things that we have done, and said, and thought that are not right or pleasing to God – that have separated us from God and, without a remedy, will eternally separate us from Him;
– persons to whom God, death and what may be beyond death are unknown and uncertain fears and doubts.
Jesus changes lives because in His great and unexplainable love for us He has died and shed His blood to save us from our sins and change us from our sinful condition. He alone can:
– give true and lasting peace. Peace has been made by the blood of His cross1.
– give a true and certain hope that is unaffected by death – a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead2.
– give a deep and satisfying joy because through the sacrifice of Jesus the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts3 and Jesus said “Your joy no one takes from you”4.
– Cleanse you completely from the stain and burden of your sins because the blood of Jesus Christ God’s Son cleanses us from all sin5.
– Give you a close relationship with God which is not just for this life but goes through death into an eternal blessing. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life6.
Jesus changes lives – one man described that change as “no longer live I but Christ lives in me …. I live by faith the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.7”
Jesus can change your life today. He is no further than a cry of help away from you. The Lord Jesus knows you, loves you and the proof of that love is His death for you.
Our earnest prayer is that you may ask Him to change your life now.
1. Colossians Ch 1 v 20
2. 1 Peter Ch 1 v 3
3. Romans Ch 5 v 5
4. John Ch 16 v 22
5. 1 John Ch 1 v 7
6. John Ch 3 v 16
7. Galatians Ch 2 v 20